Thursday 13 June 2013

The poem I wrote for Bailey's funeral, read out by his brothers.


 Rainbow



They say a rainbow comes after a storm.
But we are left in the rain now our rainbow is gone. 
For four months our rainbow shined so bright. 
But he was just too little for the fight.



He gave us hope and true moments of joy. 
Now our hearts ache for our little boy.
My arms feel empty, my head is a mess.
I look to the future and see only distress.
I want him back, I need him near.
The storm seems endless without him here. 
Our precious boys have lost their brother.
I feel lucky to have them and be their mother. 
But he is mine too and has his place.
Part of me forever, cannot be replaced.
Now I sit planning his funeral instead of his birth. 
My rainbow was too fragile to stay long on earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment